50 MORE USES FOR VINEGAR!!!

My last post on vinegar was so greatly viewed that I decided to view some more sites to come up with more uses for vinegar.



Compile this list with my previous list of 45 Uses for Vinegar and you now have 95! I am pretty sure that none of them have been repeated, but if 1 or 2 mix between the two, I am sorry!

Also, check out my posts 40 Uses for Baking Soda and 20 Uses for Original Blue Dawn.

You may not like the smell of vinegar, I mean I know no one who does. So here is a tip to help the smell...

Save orange, lemon or lime peels and put them in a glass jar. Fill with vinegar and let it sit for a couple weeks. Strain it out and you have citrus smelling vinegar. It doesn’t smell like regular vinegar so no yucky smell. It makes everything smell good.

  1.  Make fluffier pancakes by adding 2 TB of vinegar
  2. Clean dirt off your computer and mouse with a little vinegar and a q tip
  3. Treat stained Tupperware stains with vinegar
  4. Wipe away mildew
  5. Clean and polish chrome and stainless steel
  6. Clean your drains with vinegar and baking soda
  7. Erase ballpoint-pen marks
  8. Erase crayon marks from clothes
  9. Boil better eggs by adding 2 TB vinegar to the water – keeps them from cracking
  10. Disinfect cutting boards
  11. Restore wood paneling
  12. Remove carpet stains
  13. Keep car windows frost free
  14. Remove candle wax
  15. Pamper your skin by blotting it on with a cotton ball
  16. Get rid of water lines on furniture
  17. Freshen your kitchen
  18. Trap fruit flies by placing some in a small bowl
  19. Wash out your washing machine and dishwasher with 1/2 cup
  20. Wash away mildew from your shower curtain
  21. Put the sparkle back in your china
  22. Remove mineral deposits from shower heads
  23. Whiten your grout
  24. Clean a coffee maker
  25. Treat a bee sting by pouring some undistilled vinegar on it
  26. Help bruises heal faster by applying a little vinegar
  27. Sooth a soar throat by gargling 1 Tb of apple cider vinegar with 1 tsp of salt
  28. Soften your cuticles
  29. Clean your toothbrushes
  30. Erase scorch marks
  31. Unset old stains
  32. Shine porcelain sinks
  33. Keep cut fresh flowers fresh
  34. Revive your paintbrushes
  35. Kill weeds in the yard
  36. Peel off wallpaper
  37. Clean cloths and sponges
  38. Conceal scratches in wood furniture
  39. Remove stains from pots and pans
  40. Soak out blood stains
  41. Clean and disinfect baby toys
  42. Get rid of stubborn bathtub residue
  43. Spray vinegar along doorways to keep ants away
  44. 1/4 c in bath water for yeast rash
  45. Spray some on your pets to remove fleas (make sure you do this outside, since the fleas will jump right off)
  46. Clean pet stains from carpet
  47. Remove lice, just put in a spray bottle, spray head and comb out eggs
  48. Relieve sunburn by lightly rubbing it with vinegar
  49. Use apple cider vinegar (1/4 cup) with 3/4 cup of water and a TBS of Honey as my conditioner on hair… it helps with eczema of the scalp…also helps dry and oily hair keeping the ph balance right!
  50. Use it when anyone in the house has a stuffy nose. If you boil equal parts apple cider vinegar with water and set your stove on high until it boils then turn down to low it acts like a vapor. Works wonders!!!!
What do you use vinegar for? Have you tried any of these?

17 comments :

  1. Thanks for the list! It’s also great for Swimmer’s Ear. Mix 1/2 tsp., of white vinegar with 1/2 tsp., of rubbing alcohol . Put a few drops in affected ear; wait about 10 seconds then turn head over to drain out. Do this twice a day till gone. The alcohol kills the germs and bacteria, and the vinegar kills any fungus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks for this! I am going to need to remember this for sure!

      Delete
  2. Have u tried the vinegar for you're hair? Can it be mixed with shampoo &/or conditioner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried it before myself, but someone did tell me, use apple cider vinegar (1/4 cup) with 3/4 cup of water and a TBS of Honey as my conditioner on hair… it helps with eczema of the scalp…also helps dry and oily hair keeping the ph balance right! I have used baking soda with my shampoo. The baking soda helps to get all of the build up off. I hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. Vinegar was what we used long before there was creme rinse. It on-tangles hair and restores it's natural PH. It does smell some though. However if you read somewhere on this page, you can put lemon peels in vinegar and let it sit for awhile and it no longer smells like vinegar. Glorious hair, shinny and tangle free and smells like lemons! Not to mention, darn cheap.

      Delete
    3. I use orange peels, but lemon peels work great too! Vinegar is truly amazing! Thanks.

      Delete
    4. I have a small spray bottle with apple cider vinegar in my shower for when my hair is too tangled for even the conditioner to deal with - I just spray it straight onto the tangle. It also helped knock out some VERY resistant dandruff! You could mix it, but why would you want to when you could just use it straight? (Hold your breath before spraying, by the way.)

      Delete
    5. Oh my gosh, Deborah. My hair is so long and gets really tangled on the under side. I will totally try this. I hate having to comb it out and pull out tons of hair! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. dont forget to set a bowl of vinegar out in the room you are painting. No paint smells!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that before! Thanks for the reminder! So helpful!

      Delete
  4. Lets not forget, brushing teeth with baking soda gives you fresh breath, scours you teeth and you can't get cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I saw what a wonderful job vinegar, a little ammonia and water do on windows. Especially when you use newspaper to wipe them. There is something about the print that leaves your windows streak free. Maybe you will want to use gloves though cause the print comes off on your hands. But no fuzz like you get with paper towel at a least a 1.00 a roll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that before too! I've never tried it, but I think I will this weekend! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I keep white vinegar in a spray bottle in my kitchen and will use it to clean my counter before working with bread dough - nobody wants chemicals in their fresh-baked loaf! I have used it to remove wallpaper and to de-tangle my hair in the shower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are such good ideas, Deborah! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  7. I use it on my veggies. I heard it helps get rid of the chemicals. Just spray them, let sit for a bit then rinse off.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking a moment to comment! Although I absolutely appreciate, consider and read each and every comment, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious or spam like.

Pin It button on image hover